I have so much to be thankful for this year that I feel that I need to take the time to properly acknowledge those things. So I am going to use this post to do that!
1. I am thankful for my family. They have been so supportive through everything that I have done, from school to my business. Even through the crazy times, when I was completely stressed and over-worked, my family stood by me and supported me through it all.
2. I am thankful for my wonderful fiancé. Even though he is an integral part of #1, I feel that he deserves his own section of this post. He has made me happier than I have ever been in my life. His love and acceptance of me astounds me every day, and because of that love and acceptance I feel that I can accomplish anything.
3. I am thankful that I teach in a school that values the voice of the teachers. I feel that I have an integral role to play in my classroom now, and the autonomy to make decisions about how the classroom can best benefit the children.
4. I am thankful that the school that I teach at feels like home. The staff feels like family, and everyone is treated with respect. There is an emphasis on collaboration rather than competition, and everyone seems to truly want success for everyone in the center.
5. I am thankful that I have had the resources available to be the best teacher that I can be.
6. Of course, I am thankful for my readers! You take time to stop by and read my posts, and for that I am grateful. I am glad that you get enjoyment out of reading what I write, and I hope that it is beneficial to you somehow.
Of course, there is much more that I am thankful for, but right now I am mostly focused on the fact that my work environment is so much more different and exciting than it was a few months ago. I am happy in my job once again, and just a few weeks ago I was worried that I was so burnt out that I would never be happy teaching again. Luckily that is not the case, and as we celebrate the holidays I am increasingly thankful that I have been able to work in a place that makes me feel the joy that I have for teaching again.
So what are you thankful for this year?